Skip to main content
- Internal Fellowships Application Instructions for Graduate Students - Provides information about the fellowship application for Internal Fellowships (campus-wide competition).
Prospective applicants - Make sure to complete the Internal Fellowship Application online, after completing the admissions application (the fellowship application will not be accessible until the admissions application has been submitted). Many of these fellowships include a living stipend as well as fees and tuition. Applicants must complete both the admissions and fellowship applications by the priority deadline. Internal fellowships available at UC Davis include:
- Provost’s Fellowships in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences - A limited number of first-year fellowships will be awarded to the top entering students. Make sure to apply by the priority deadline. A limited number of Dissertation-Year fellowships for students in the final stages of writing their dissertation are available as well. Students must use the "Internal Fellowships Application" to be considered for these fellowships.
- Dissertation Quarter Fellowships - Students in the final stages of writing their dissertation may apply to receive a Dissertation Quarter Fellowship from the Department of Spanish. The number of these fellowships available may vary from year to year. Applications are solicited during Spring quarter for awards during the following year.
- Davis Humanities Institute - The DHI offers various funding opportunities for UC Davis graduate students including summer travel & research awards and research cluster funding.
- External Fellowships - Various foundations and agencies external to UC Davis offer fellowships to students pursuing graduate degrees in Spanish.
- Non-Resident Supplemental Tuition Fellowships - Out-of-state and international applicants may be awarded Non-Resident Supplemental Tuition (NRST) Fellowships. Applicants should apply by the priority deadline in order to be considered for NRST Fellowships. Domestic non-residents are expected to establish California residency after 1 year by taking the appropriate steps outlined by the residence deputy.